Frequently Asked Question
HOW TO SEND A PUSH NOTIFICATION ON CMS
You can send notifications if you are logged in to the App as an admin or if you are logged in to the CMS.
- Click the “Communication Center” tab on the top right hand side of the CMS
- Click “App Messaging”
- Click the “Send Notification” tab on the left hand side
- Compose your message
- Select “Yes” for ‘Enable Push’ to send your message immediately w/ a notification to the user
- Select Destination. This is where the user is directed once they tap on the message notification:
- App Home Screen: User is directed to the app’s home screen.
- Menu Item: You can direct the user to a specific area of the app, for example, calendar, newsfeed, tips, etc. If this destination is selected, a drop down menu will appear where you can select where to send the user.
- URL: You can add a URL to direct the user to, for example, a press release on your agency’s website.
- Integration: If we have set up an external site for your agency that requires users to log into, you can enter the URL here. Please note, this option is seldom used and in most cases you’d select URL instead of integration. If you are unsure of which option to choose, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select Users. If you want to send your message to select users within a group, choose “Select Users” and check off the user group(s) you want to notify. Other