Frequently Asked Question
STEP 1 - DECIDE WHAT TYPE OF DIRECTORY YOU WOULD LIKE TO CREATE
- Business/Location Directories - These are often used for the following:
- School Resource Officer directory
- Station location directory
- Emergency/Homeless Shelter directories
- People Directory - These are often used for the following:
- Giving Community App Users points of contact within your agency (Chief, PIO, etc)
- Standard Directory - This directory type gives only a few options and is great for agencies that are looking for a way to display a few key pieces of information to contact a few people.
- Mini Directory - A directory of 1 person. This is great if you are just trying to add the contact information for 1 point of contact within your organization.
STEP 2 - SET UP YOUR DIRECTORY
- Depending on your directory type you will have more or less to fill out for the initial set up. Keep in mind that this part of the set up is just for the overall directory, not for the people/places that will be going into the directory.
- Any field with a (*) must be filled out.
- Press “Submit” . You can make changes to this set up at any time.
STEP 3 - SET UP YOUR CATEGORIES IF DESIRED
- You can set up categories of people/places if you would like to. Categories are not required.
- Navigate to the “Categories” tab. It is located on the left hand side next to the “Directories” tab
- Select the type of directory you would like the category to apply to
- Type in a name for the category
STEP 4 - MAKE DIRECTORY ENTRIES
- Navigate to the “Directories” tab on the left side next to the “Categories” tab
- Click the (+) sign next to the directory that you are interested in making an addition
- Enter the information and press “Submit”
STEP 5 - LINK YOUR DIRECTORY TO AN ICON ON YOUR APP
- Click “Menus” in the top right hand corner
- Click the blue “Add New” button
- Enter the Title/Description/Icon
- Select “Directory” as the “Item Type”
- Select the directory you’d like to link from the “Select Directory” drop down menu
- Click the “Save Changes” button